[3830] 7QP K4EJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP K4EJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:56:56 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: K4EJ
Operator(s): K4EJ
Station: K4EJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL (WCF)
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0
   80:   16      5
   40:   10      6
   20:   55     10
   15:    3      1
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:   47     47  Mults = 47  Total Score = 13,912

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

There are some tremendously capable stations up in the NorthWest states!

7QP #1 was a BIG SUCCESS!  Fond memories of the Great Armadillo Run.  Mega
thanks to Ken, K1EA for generously making CT "freeware" for the contsting
community and making the 7QP module available to "clone" the NEQP routine into
logging for the 7QP.  Importing the 7QP Cabrillo into an Excel spreadsheet let
me "answer" the band summary and scoring questions fairly easily.  Unless I
overlooked it, I did not see any differentiation between scoring for HI/LOW/QRP
power levels ... I believe the Boys in the NW wanted to hear us, so I don't
believe this was an "oversight" ...

I know "unencumbered" contest weekends are scarce as hens teeth, but
7QP-MARAC-INQP-NEQP-ARIDX is just TOO much, even for the "radio depraved" like
myself.  To concentrate on NEQP, I had to set 7QP aside, only to resume again
for the last two hours early Sunday morning after NEQP finished up their
Saturday half.  I hope the 7QP sponsors will start looking now for that "ideal"
weekend for 7QP #2 ... I'd love to take a serious shot at working all 259 in one
weekend without multi-tasking between several great radio events.

73
Frank K4EJ (ex KA0GGI)