[3830] NCCC Sprint(5-5) K7NV HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7nv@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(5-5) K7NV HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 22:15:02 -0700
                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (5-5)

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   2      2
   80:   9      5
   40:  13      8
   20:  19     10
-------------------
Total:  43     25  Total Score = 1,075

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This is a reprint of what I sent to the NCCC reflector a few days ago, while the
3830 server was down, with updated comments....

As fun as usual. I had 44 q's in the log, but found one back-to-back with RO
on 40m/80m, so I had to toss the second one. Ken still gets it, cuz he
worked an intervening qso while I was duncing around.

Note: Ed. W0YK, who is always on the ball, pointed out after my post to the
NCCC reflector that the NS rules say that the intervening Q needs to be in both
stations logs, so my LID move also cost Ken a qso. Ken is not going to send me
any hate mail, he has worked me enough times to know that I do stupid stuff
like this all the time ;-) The bottom line is we all gotta go thru our logs and
see if the other guys sent us back-to-back serial numbers.
In the winter NS series this was allowed, but not this time, I just haven't
made the adjustment yet.

Pretty sure I haven't figured it out yet.....but am poised to put a bead of
sweat on the brow of my friend Bill, N6ZFO, who leads me, great job Bill ;-)

20m didn't sound that great but worked better than the last 3 weeks, still
too many weak guys working you other west coast guys (ESP here on 20m)
instead of me.
40m was a zoo, but I didn't do that well there either missing lots of q's &
mults.
I did work NV this week on one band thanks to John, N7ON, showing up. Thanks
John! A couple more q's on the other bands and I'll be able to keep up with
the other guys for mults ;-)

80m waited forever to come alive, and finally made a couple of q's on 160m
in the last minute, eventhough I was there for 2.

This one is just too hard to figure out and do (4 bands in a half hour),
just the way we envisioned it ;-)

I kinda think of it like the greatest practice for sunset & sunrise in a dx
contest where you have about 30 min to be everywhere and work everything.
I love the NS because it just pins my ears back and provides opportunities &
challenges well beyond my skills. I think just doing it (whether
successfully or not) will make me a better contester. And, that's kinda what
we were looking for (at least us nuts that mused on it).

Everyone, PLEASE give this micro event a try, it is the most fun I have ever
had trying to learn how to raise my contest skills on a weekly basis. And,
the cadre of op's we have attracted are just great fun to work with!

Kudos to Bruce & Dink and the others that make this forum possible!

73, Kurt