[3830] NewEngQP NT4XT Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gacuzana@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP NT4XT Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 12:10:59 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: NT4XT
Operator(s): NT4XT
Station: NT4XT

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   80:    yes
   40:    yes
   20:    yes      yes
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:    109       33  Mults = 43  Total Score = 10,793

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

20m phone contacts were nice-
One gent was on a county line, and it happened that both counties were new
mults for me!  So I was very happy about that.
Also worked a couple of 1x1 Special Event stations in New England who were not
in the QSO Party but they gladly gave me their county so I could claim them,
and one of those was a new mult.  I think I have done more phone in this
contest than I have ever done before (ever), and I was pleasantly surprised
when in the clear several were surprised if they found out I was QRP.  Wow, QRP
SSB works great from GA to New England on 20 meters! LOL.
Frustrating was a couple /m's on 40m early Sun eve, weak to my ear, and so they
never came faintly close to hearing me in the noise.  Lost out on several heard
unworked mults that way, even on 20 a few times. I was surprised about working
anyone on 80m, but they heard me perhaps via ESP, great ears, maybe even
special RX antennas (?) and/or combinations of all three.

Great idea, kicking it off Sat 4pm, leaving most of the day for family stuff.
Tnx for not having it on Mother's Day.
I love this Parrrr-teeee!  Mainly because the distance from Atlanta is ideal
for QRP even with limited 80m prospects given my NVIS. From here the NEQP is
always tons of fun even if you have a non-contest station at best. Also, this
event is amazingly well organized.  Pre and Post event efforts are most
excellent, I know I appreciate the work that goes into the event before and
after. (Wow! Stumbled upon RI 4x, K1VSJ, W1HY, W1WIU, and W1XX)

I used my old Corsair cranked to a limbo dance of 5W on peaks, manual band/mode
changes (N3FJP log), paddle+external keyer, and mostly the 102' Inv U doublet.
Did have to switch to an 80m OCF coax fed wire when sheets of water
travellingdown my windowline took it out of play while rain fell.
Thank you New England for good old fashioned FUN.

Darin, NT4XT.
PS, I was called K4XT only once which is probably some sort of other record,
and a likely testament to the FB quality of lots of Yankee ears! ;-) dcg