[3830] WPX CW S65X(9V1CW) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW S65X(9V1CW) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 19:05:37 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: S65X
Operator(s): 9V1CW
Station: 9V1PC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Singapore
Operating Time (hrs): 17

------------
  160:    0
   80:    9
   40:   59
   20:  517
   15:  555
   10:   26
------------

Club:

Comments:

Had a busy week, so I kind of crashed Sat. evening late (local), limiting my
operating time.
After being spotted on the cluster a few times I guess people got used to our
contest call. Only when I did some occasional S&P, people appeared to be
confused with this callsign (and yes S56X does exist as well, so do not mix us
up ...).

Conditions were very variable, but in retrospect not that bad considering the
phase of the solar cycle. I had a really nice opening Sunday evening on 15m (!)
to East coast / mid-West USA (worked my buddy N9NS). There were some patchy
openings on 10m which were a pleasant surprise but runrates were low. In the
(very) limited time spent on 80/40m it was difficult to raise a decent pile-up.
Best band overall was 15m, closely followed by 20m.

Thanks to Pete, 9V1PC, for hosting S65X again ! Next S65X event will be the
IARU HF contest 8/9 July.

-- Enno, 9V1CW - PF5X