[3830] WPX CW WF3C(K4EJ) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WF3C(K4EJ) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 07:26:04 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WF3C
Operator(s): K4EJ
Station: K4EJ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: FL (WCF)
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    0
   80:    1
   40:  163
   20:  312
   15:  184
   10:   60
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

My thanks to Chris (ex: AI4MK) for letting me "indoctrinate" his newly acquired
WF3C callsign.  He has the contacts up on LoTW if anyone requires confirmation.
 I'm sure everybody's already said "conditions were better than expected" ...
what's amazing is how GOOD the bands "always" get when about 10,000 of us get
on 10-160 for 48 hours on any given weekend!

My original plans were to operate with Doc and Red in a 3-man M/2 "euduro" run
from the N4WW station.  The XYL dashed those hopes with announcement 1 week
prior to the 05-27-2006 0000Z "kickoff" that she had her college roommate and
her husband coming in over the WHOLE contest weekend and I was "EXPECTED" to be
a willing and participating HOST ... translate: "no radio disappearing acts" ...
on top of that, they were to stay in the spare bedroom/radio room on the
Queensize sofa sleeper ... translate: Don't EVEN think about it!  All I could
do is start praying they wouldn't show up 'til Saturday sometime ... and Yes,
Victoria ... there IS a God ... they didn't get here with their Big Hairy Dog
(BHD) until sometime Saturday.  With a Vertical and 100 watts, I knew better
than to expect much at the start, so I put the first 3 hours of the contest in
the "bank" with the XYL, enjoying a dinner out and assuring her I was ready to
be "all that I could be" in the HOST department!  I found out at dinner the
"guests" wern't arriving 'til Saturday ... I put the first Q in the log at
0347Z and didn't get out of the chair 'til 1846Z when the doorbell rang!

LIFE IS GOOD !

- Frank
- K4EJ (ex: KA0GGI)