[3830] WPX CW LZ9W M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW LZ9W M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 04:56:12 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ2CJ,
LZ2UZ,LZ1PM,LZ1ZD,LZ2FV,LZ1UQ,LZ2PO,LZ4UU,LZ1ANA,LZ2UU,LZ2HM,LZ3FM,LZ3FN,LZ5VK,LZ3UM
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: nr Sofia - Breznik
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:  333
   80:  923
   40: 1647
   20: 2864
   15: 1218
   10:  402
------------

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

This is the result before log merging taken from one of the PCs. It may increase
or decrease a bit after log merging.
About 1 mln points higher than current M/M European record,but we'll see if it
will be enough to claim a new EU record after log checking is done :-).
God was good to us again - weather was wonderful and we enjoyed it very much.
Had problems with 40m HB9CV first night - due to faulty connection it was
splettering awfully to other working places in spite of all the filtering.
Problem corrected on Saturday morning when Assen LZ3UM stayed for 2 hours on
the tower :-(.

160m - condx poor with lot of QRN until Sunday evening when condx improved and
it was a pleasure to operate on this band after 20.00 Z Sunday evening. Poor
condx in the first night affected the score. Appologies to all those asked to
repeat several times calls or nos.
80m - better score than last year (+ 73 QSOs ),good condx
40m - workhorse band together with 20m ,after we fixed ant problem all went
fine (+ 160 QSOS in 2006 )
20m - this year this was THE BAND - opened 48 hours ,lots of activity (app 400
QSOs more this year )
15m - poor condx, signal of the correspondent may dissapear suddenly in the
middle of his transmission, deep QSB, not too many JAs as is normal last few
years, activity from the East is decreasing with every year
10m - 402 QSOs were the best we could do in the bottom of the cycle on this
band

Overall - we all had fun, although hotel undergoes a full renovation by the
owner Krassy LZ1ZD. Food was great,wine made by famous winemaker Ogy LZ2PO was
excellent too and beer was cold enough to enjoy it very much in between :-).

See you all in IARU Championship - LZ9W will play HQ stn for BFRA.

Best 73 on behalf of all LZ CONTEST TEAM crew at LZ9W M/M.

Wally LZ2CJ
www.qsl.net/lz9w