[3830] ARRL June VHF W4WA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W4WA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:11:43 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W4WA
Operator(s): W4WA
Station: W4WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EM84
Operating Time (hrs): 28

    6:  441   158
    2:   55    28
  222:   23    15
  432:   40    21
  903:    8     7
  1.2:   17    13
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  584   242  Total Score = 167,706

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions on 6 meters were great for the first 1.5 hours of the contest. Made
over 150 qso's the 1st hour and was wondering if the second hour was going to
be that good. QRN from the power lines prevented many weak qso's in the contest
on 6-222. I was hoping for some rain to help quiet things down.

Put the 902 loop antenna up just before the contest and made several contacts
with 35 watts. This was a lot of fun since I never operated that band before. I
also added a 100 watt amp to 1296 which made getting the dx contacts much
easier. Working the microwave bands was real treat and my main focus during the
contest. I also planned to put a lower antenna on 6 meters for this contest but
work prevented me from spending the time to get it done. The 110 foot m2 works
great on tropo but lacks the punch on e skip at times.

I did not have any problems with the equipment after the contest started but
did find that the 4xL coax feeding the 2 meter antenna was broken about 4 feet
from the connector where it goes around the tower for the rotor loop. I found
myself taking the 2m M2 down and replacing the coax just before the contest
started on Saturday.

Thanks to all that worked me in the contest. I plan to be operational in the
August UHF contest and the September VHF test.

73'a Ron