[3830] ARRL June VHF W4IY Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john.omara@oakmgmt.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W4IY Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:49:06 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W4IY
Operator(s): W4NF, W4RM, W4AD, WA4TK, W4DAV, WA0DYJ, K5VG, W7IY, KA4CKI,
KE4BUS, N4NRO, KI4LLC, K4RG, KD4JXZ, KI4GSS, W4DC, K5OF, AB3BB, W4CE, KG4URW,
WK4Y, N3OF, K8MLM
Station: W4IY

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: Flag Pole Knob, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 33

    6:  673   191
    2:  363    54
  222:  124    40
  432:  145    35
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1305   320  Total Score = 503,040

Club:

Comments:

We had a great time again from Flag Pole Knob, VA ASL 4300' in the George
Washington National Forest.  The 6 Meter opening was excellent but I think it
really limited the time spent by the Single ops on the higher bands.
Additionally, I thought the conditions were way down on 2 through 432.

This year we used an Elecraft XVTR on 222 with a TE brick at about 250 watts
instead of the FT736 and the FAA amp.  We are still evaluating if the lower
power brick lowered our presence on the bands.  It sure is easier to transport.
 We also used a TE Brick on 432 instead of the normal 800 watts from the Henry
amp.  Once again, still under evaluation.

We had a few new guys join us this year including Bruce AB3BB, Todd N3OF and
Roy WK4Y.  They were welcome additions to the W4IY VHF Contest Team.

We had wonderful weather and a great pre-contest party in W4RM's Delta House
Camper.  We'll see you all in September.