[3830] ARRL June VHF KB8U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KB8U Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:31:58 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: KB8U
Operator(s): KB8U
Station: KB8U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN71
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

    6:  336   143
    2:  124    35
  222:   44    27
  432:   69    30
  903:   14    11
  1.2:   18    13
  2.3:    4     4
  3.4:    2     2
  5.7:
  10G:    0     0
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  611   265  Total Score = 213,590

Club:

Comments:

Great Es skip conditions on Saturday, but few openings to heavily populated
areas hence no big QSO totals.  Had 6m Es skip as short as about 300 miles so I
thought 2 meters might pop open but there was no Es skip heard on that band.

Compared to previous years, 2 meter grid totals were down but QSOs were up, I'm
not sure how to explain that.  Other bands were about the same.  I had problems
with the transverters on the higher bands but I managed to salvage a few QSOs
out of them when the stuff just started to work by itself on Sunday (except for
10GHz).

My last frantic QSOs right before the end of the contest were with K2DRH.  In
September I first heard him at the end of the contest, too late for a QSO.  I
told him we have to stop meeting like this!

I wound up with a splitting headache on Sunday morning, I think I got
dehydrated on Saturday.  I had to go back to bed for a couple of hours until
the headache went away.  I don't think I missed any big openings, fortunately.

Now I get to beat my cabrillo log into submission until the stupid ARRL robot
will accept it.  It's complaining that the contest was from 1900Z to 0359Z !!