[3830] ARRL June VHF N2NL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nl@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N2NL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:01:04 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  195    85  Total Score = 16,578

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I built a 4el 6M yagi the week prior to the contest in order to work the Boring
Amateur Radio Club station.  Fortunately, we were able to connect Sunday
afternoon, and I was able to give them a new grid.
     This was my first VHF contest (that I can remember), and I had a blast,
especially when the band was open.  There seemed to be propagation at one point
or another to all points in the continental US, with the exception of the far
southeast and northeast parts of the country.  Too bad there isn't more CW
activity.  Here in the Bay Area, it seemed like just about everyone's 6M rigs
maxed out at 50.150 Mhz.  There were many instances with very localized E skip
propagation resulting in two or three stations all working people on the same
frequency (in 5 Khz increments).

73, Dave N2NL/6