[3830] All Asian CW NG7Z SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW NG7Z SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:46:54 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bothell, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

  160:
   80:   3      3
   40:  56     31
   20:  19     18
   15:   3      3
   10:
-------------------
Total:  84     55  Total Score = 4,620

Club: Maltby Radio Club

Comments:

Boy, tough conditions during the contest. I was looking forward to working lots
of Asia stations but the propagation was not supportive. Well, for my little
pistol station anyway. I heard K7QQ working a lot but he has big towers and
yagis. 20M and 15M were only productive during the last afternoon and early
evening. 40M was the only band that I could get consistent contacts on. So
that's what I focused on. Need a better 40M antenna though. The big delta loop
is just OK. It worked better than the Hexbeam on 20 and 15 though. The gently
sloping hill to the west of me seems to impact the Hexbeam much more than the
loop.
Anyway, thanks for the Q's and CUL
Paul NG7Z