[3830] All Asian CW VA7ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW VA7ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:08:25 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  33     22
   20:  41     29
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  74     51  Total Score = 3,774

Club:

Comments:

This one calls for an amplifier -- funny how inaudible a 100W signal becomes in
a high power one-size-fits-all contest. Figured there had been an outbreak of
deafness. Or perhaps it was propagation (SFI=73, A=10, K=2).

N1MM tells me I worked just under 5 hours in total, but I was in and out a
dozen times or so to see what could be worked during the weekend. None of the
bands was strong here, though Sunday morning at 3 a.m. Pacific I found 40M
pretty good to Asia.

Managed to best my previous scores for AA, but it was hard work -- no runs at
all, and weak JA signals once I'd worked the handful of regulars (YBK, UYB,
CKA, DLE, etc. who were booming in across the Pacific most of the weekend on 20
and 40).

No activity heard on 15M, though I listened there several times day and night
with fingers crossed for sporadic openings. Seeing VHF spots, I sauntered up to
6M on Saturday and heard W6s working VE6.

Didn't work as many Russian stations as I had hoped for -- could hear them on
20M, but they couldn't hear me much with 100W.

Big thanks to TA3DD who stayed with me for a couple of minutes to get the
exchange and call Sunday afternoon, in the middle of an EU/W run at his end.