[3830] All Asian CW VO1HE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vo1he@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW VO1HE SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 04:55:10 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: VO1HE
Operator(s): VO1HE
Station: VO1HE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: The Rock
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:   2      2
   20:  44     30
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  46     32  Total Score = 1,472

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

VO1HE

Rig:            FT-920
Amp:            SB-220
Antennae:       SteppIR 3 Element at 60ft
                Multi-band dipole for 40/80 at 56ft
                KI6T Linear Loaded Half Sloper for 160 at 55ft
                80/160 Coax Receiving Loop at 10ft
Program:        N1MM 6.5.5

First time in this one. Nice to hear a few Asian stations for a change. The new
set-up is working well. Managed to get a couple new band/countries but not as
many as I had hoped for. Some of the Asiatic Russian stations were really
strong but most of the JAs and SE Asian stations were not so strong.
Thankfully, they had good ears to pick me up :)

I was disappointed in 10 and 15. Never heard anything outside of Europe on
either band despite 6M opening for a short while on Saturday. Never really
spent a lot of time in the contest as the weather is starting to get nice here
and it's too hard to stay in the chair when the sun is out.

Once again, it was a bit of fun. May give it a go for the SSB contest when that
comes up.

Thanks for the Qs and CU in the next one.

73 -- Paul VO1HE