[3830] IARU N3ME(@W3LPL) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bernie@dailydx.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N3ME(@W3LPL) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:55:53 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N3ME
Operator(s): N3ME AND W3UR
Station: W3LPL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    15    0      10
   80:   144    0      40
   40:   244    0      52
   20:   846    0      87
   15:   227    0      50
   10:    70    0      28
---------------------------
Total:  1546    0     268  Total Score = 1,552,338

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

CT does not tell you how many QSOs were on CW or SSB.

This was our third try in the Father and Son multi-single WRTC/IARU contest and
the best one yet.  In 2000 Dad (N3ME, Tony) and I had 1308 x 208 - 986,752
during the Slovenia WRTC/IARU event and came in 10th place in the US.  In 2002
we again joined forces for the Helsinki WRTC/IARU extravaganza make 1464 X 242
for 1,359,314 coming in 4th in the US.

These first two events were held in the basement of W3UR using W3LPL antennas
with up to 10 feedlines from station A to station B.  Multiple trips were made
in between CQs to change antenna directions or change bands.

But this year we were fortunate to be able to operate from the shack of W3LPL.
Thanks Frank!  This year the only running we did was the pileups and man were
there some really great runs!  20 meters was much better than I ever expected.
I didn't remember the activity in this contest was so heavy on CW.  Having all
the activity from Brazil sure helped boost the QSOs.  We worked 196 QSOs just
from the WRTC stations.

Congrats to KD4D's (N3HBX) team on their terrific job.  Our first QSO with them
wasn't until more than four hours into the contest.  In fact I never heard them
until then.  Nice job guys.  Looks like Dad and I will only place first in the
father and son multi-single category, again!

A special thanks to W3LPL for letting us operate "THE STATION" and N4AF for his
input into our effort this year.  Now when and where is the next IARU/WRTC
event?  Dad and I want to mark our calendar!

73 Bernie, W3UR