[3830] IARU W1KM SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W1KM SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 06:42:44 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W1KM
Operator(s): W1KM
Station: W1KM

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: E MA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:   11     0       7
   80:  165     0      30
   40:  126     0      33
   20:  424     0      52
   15:   90     0      22
   10:   63     0      15
---------------------------
Total:  879     0     159  Total Score = 499,737

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great fun searching around for the superb WRTC ops.  Surprisingly good
conditions to PY5 on all bands except for 20. Found all but one PT5--they had
me in the log on  80 but they weren't in mine--sorry. Only one five
bander--PW5C, the silver medalists.
WRTC totals:  80-20, 40-28, 20-11, 15-27, 10-20.
There were large differences in signal strength among the PY5's on all bands
except for 80 where everybody (at least everybody I heard!) was about the same,
S5 and easy copy but for the static crashes and intermittent local noise.

We also had excellent conditions to Europe with a solid opening on 10 but not
very much activity.  A special thanks to YI9DXX for his patience/persistence on
80 m!

Congratulations to all the WRTC participants and organizers.