[3830] NAQP RTTY WX4TM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY WX4TM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 07:56:15 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: WX4TM
Operator(s): WX4TM
Station: WX4TM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

   80:   90    33
   40:  134    39
   20:  132    39
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  346   111  Total Score = 38,406

Club:

Team: SO1R

Comments:

Mercy sakes alive! Is the moon still full? The gremlins were sure with me in
this one. Talk about blowing it but good! A series of operator errors,
equipment failures, WL goof ups (mine) and pure bad luck led to the worse
contest start I've ever had. By the time I got it right, I gave up on antenna
switching problems with the Six Pak; re-cabled antennas to the DX Engineering
switch box and later thought it was going bad when I discovered the plug had
pulled out a bit apparently when I moved it to a more convenient location;
thought I had sound card problems; thought I had Rigblaster problems; thought I
had radio problems; thought I had mmtty.ini problems; and finally uninstalled
and reinstalled WL twice (because I didn't do it right the first time). The
biggest problem apparently was a corrupt WL.INI file causing MMTTY to go nuts
(intermittent no receive due to overflow) which I feel sure I  probably caused
but sure don't know how. As it turned out, I only got, then lost, 28 QSO's btwn
contest start and 0030Z (6 1/2 hrs of pure unadulterated po'd frustration).
After that, it was smooth sailing for the next 5 1/2 hrs. I apologize to my
SO1R team members and to those whose QSO's I lost for not being 'up and ready'
for this one. I hope I can say I learned some simple but very valuable lessons.
 Ah well, I guess thats what happens when one gets over confident and doesn't
check, check, and re-check before contest start.  73 de Tom WX4TM