[3830] NAQP CW VE3DZ(@VE3SY) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3dz@RAC.CA
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE3DZ(@VE3SY) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:26:42 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: VE3DZ
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: VE3SY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Petersburg, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   66    27
   80:  178    43
   40:  346    52
   20:  331    53
   15:   89    33
   10:   11     7
-------------------
Total: 1021   215  Total Score = 219,515

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team: CCO Team 1

Comments:

Rigs: FT1000MP, FT1000MP Mark V.
Top Ten DX Doubler, CTWIN10.
Antennas:
160 m: Inv. Vee with apex at 80â??
80 m: Dipole at 80â??
40m: 2 el. Yagi at 73â?? and dipole at 80â??
20 m: 4 el. Monoband Yagi at 80â?? + A4S at 78â??
15 m: 3 el. Monoband Yagi at 85â??+ A4S at 78â??
10 m: 3 el. Yagi at 90â?? + A4S at 78â??

Thanks again to Paul VE3SY and Marg VE3RE for letting me use Paulâ??s great
station near Kitchiner, Ontario.
It was my first NAQP from Paulâ??s, usually I operate NAQP from home. What a
difference! The bands were unbelievably quiet as compared to my small city lot
QTH. Relatively big number of separate antennas allowed almost unlimited
selection of band/antennas on each radio.
15 m was hot at the beginning for about 2 hours. Combined with 20 it gave me a
great 1st hour of 139/hr. instead of usual 90-100/hr.! 10 m was alive too, I
just wish a bit more guys would check in there.
40 m was great all the time, I believe mainly because of the new 2 el. 40 m
Yagi we put up at 73 â?? just a couple of months ago. I had an opportunity to
compare it with a dipole at about  the same height and all the W6/W7 that I
have copied solidly on Yagi were becoming almost non-audible when switched to a
dipole. Sorry I had to give up on quite a few callers on 40, 80 and 160 because
of strong static crashes.
I made only one 30 min. break just after 22:00 UTC and finished early. I think
I did the right thing.
Thanks to all who agreed to move for me â?? VE4YU, K8JQ, VE2XAA, VE9DX, VA3NR,
W4OC, K8MR, W5KK,  KO7X, K7BG, N4AF, W1EQ, W5VY, W3MC, N3DXX and others.
Thanks for all the Qâ??s. It was great fun.

73  Yuri