[3830] WAE CW DL1CW(@DK0ALC) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW DL1CW(@DK0ALC) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:21:59 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: DL1CW
Operator(s): DL1CW
Station: DK0ALC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: jn48NU
Operating Time (hrs): 34.5

   80:   21          52
   40:  120          93
   20:  375         106
   15:  174          64
   10:   55          36
-------------------------
Total:  745   810   351  Total Score = 545,805

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

First time, in WAE, with a powerful station, since I could use the company club
setup (DK0ALC). Nice openings on Sunday on 15 & 10. Here in south Germany the
noise level on 15m was limited, wereas my friends in the north were facing
noise up to S9 relatively permanent.
Surprize: The speed of the QTCs was turned to "moderate" by almost all
stations. Even 4L8A, typically the "hot potato" for QTC receiving, was turning
it down to allow relaxed receiving! I explicitely knead my fingers before I
asked him, in order to be ready for his show... ;-) (I was not crazy enough to
ask for QRQ!)
The highest speed was given by K5ZD, combined with his outstanding signal, it
was the pure fun. (I would take another 100 from him...)
Finally: A great experience, compared with the normal 100W+Dipole-Story.

Rig: FT1000MkV+VL1000, 80/40 Dipole, 20 = 3 ele, 15 = 4 ele, 10 = 5ele all @
35m
Logger: SD 13.07

See you end of month in YODXC? Then QRV as YO2/DL1CW (again with 100W + Dipole
from the balcony...)

Arno - DL1CW