[3830] NCCC Practice Session Thursday Night

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Practice Session Thursday Night
From: "ukbrown" <ukbrown@acsol.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:52:04 -0600
NCCC Thursday Night Session

K0UK bill CO

Just givig totals..33x10 total points 330

I got down to the radios and all was working fine except my
brain..Had to set up save at the very beginning. Took a few
seconds..then my ICE 419 went out again..It shows high swr
on 20mtrs only not sure whats going  on. The Bird shows
100wts oh well I will send back to Ind. again...This past
weekend on ssb naqp it worked great..not sure...
This took a few more seconds to disconnect and insert a
barrel in the coax.
20mtrs was the band for me.. just used the 2nd radio with
the 40mtrs dipole at 50fts. Never went to the yagi at all
and that was fun.
This is my best ever and slowly getting the hang of SO2R and
slowly improving..just need to remember which buttons to
push..doing ssb then going to cw keep your brain hopping..
I hope that Bruce WA7BNM will set up a submittal for NCCC
practice..
Oh thanks to John K4BAI, K7SS for the patience, N6RO, K7NV,
W9RE etc..for the contacts..appreciate it greatly. Its a fun
30minutes..The only thing tho..my xyl KB0QAA said if all the
contest were 30minutes she might even try here hand at
it..Hi..no cw but ssb...I said now is the time to
upgrade..We will see maybe NCCC has other benefits. PTL God
Bless and WD0T we miss you..bill UK