[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 06:19:51 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   92     1.3
   40:  152       4
   20:  118     2.7
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Dashers

Comments:

Great conditions here. 40 and 80 were quiet, however my work Friday and Saturday
repairing my NE beverage really helped. This was a personal best for me.

Was blown away with Gator's big number at K5TR after 30 minutes-what a start!
He's a great opr and George's station really plays.

Worked every mult heard, but didn't hear VE9DX. Saw his 3830 report.

A thrill to be called by VY1JA who was over S9 on 20 as I was spending some of
my last "F7" CQs on 20 before going to 80. Tnx!

KL7WV was loud on 20 and 40. Didn't hear him on 80.

Tnx to some of the rare mult stations. Worked only one QSO with NE, RI, MD,
VY1, ID, and KY. Tnx to a single station in WY and MS for other rare ones.
Welcome to N5DX from AR too!

My hour segments were 100, 96, 75 (ugh), and a strong (for me) 91 last one.

Tried really hard for accuracy. Asked for repeats on the number quite a lot the
last hour on 80. Some of this due to weaker signals, some to my mental fading on
the 40/80 SO2R concentration. Hope the log holds up-I tried hard to get it
right.

TR crashed with about 7 minutes to go and I lost a QSO with KL2A. The left
radio froze up and the audio stream was blocked and the radio would not
transmit-was unable to tell you that I had frozen. Sorry Jon, The program ate
it and you will get a NIL and I lost a QSO. Very sorry.

The high level of skill with so many FB operators in this is so impressive.

Tnx to the Boring AR Club and Tree for supporting this. Also, tnx to the NCCC
and the fantastic NS practice sessions on Thursday nights.  They have been a
big help for me.

My wife came up once and told me the halftime score of Texas-OSU. I was in a
good place after watching my beloved VT Hokies beat UNC on a new HD TV on ESPN
HD. Man! What an improvement in TV with HD. Could not believe it.

73, Jim