[3830] NA Sprint CW W9RE HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W9RE HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 06:59:22 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   92
   40:  154
   20:  100
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: United Phlying Lid Exp #1

Comments:

>From listening to 20 before contest I would have never guessed that conditions
would have been so good.  Not sure if 20 ever closed up like in the past.  This
is a personal best for me by a fair number of q's, I know the NCCC practices
have really helped me in this regard.  Did SO2R full time for the first time
(no lapses).  Rate was pretty constant-90, 85, 88 and 83, never a very good
hour like some of the big boys.

Worked all mults heard, missed ND, RI, SD, UT, VT, VE2, VE5, VE6, and VE8.  It
seems like activity was way up this time, I noticed stations reporting with
good numbers that I never heard.  Also some rare mults with big numbers I only
worked once.

In Friday's night practice my right amp faulted (with high filament current) so
I substituted a manual backup one and it stayed on 40 the whole time.  Another
good thing about the NCCC's practices (check out equipment).

Had about 5 instances where the software sent the stations call and nothing
else (one time I remember it was K7NV on the receiving end) and also stuck the
radio in transmit and I couldn't figure out how to get it out, sorry.  Another
glitch with my software was some of the time when CQ'ing on the second radio I
had to bump up the speed by 6 WPM every time.  This has happened before but I'm
sure I can't recreate it, so I was changing speeds a lot.

Thanks for all the q's, nice to see a few newbies and congrats to the top guys,
great jobs!