[3830] NA Sprint CW K7SV(@NR4M) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K7SV(@NR4M) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 16:24:00 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: NR4M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   98
   40:  129
   20:   95
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC

Comments:

Sprint is certainly different when running HP v LP. Moved my beams out to the
NR4M qth this summer. Did my first HP Sprint in a long time. Randy's (K5ZD)
comment about rough sledding on 80 with low power is what I experienced as
well. Always seemed to do well on 40 and 20 with the beams, but when I hit 80,
it was back seat  city!

Condx were great. Surprised to work Tim KL7WV on three bands. Got him on 80
with two minutes to go in the contest. Great to find Jay VY1JA plugging away on
20. Only mult heard but not worked was NE (it's interesting that an NE station
could spend the full four hours in the contest and all I hear of Peter was his
state and name at the wrong end of a couplet!

Used SO2R a lot during the first half hour or so. Used an Orion II/ACOM on 20
and 80 (20= 5/5 at 160 and 120 feet) (80 = Inverted Vee at 70 ft)
On 40 used an OMNI VI with Command amp to 2 el KLM at 70ft.

Still my favorite contest. Now I have to decide whether I want to go HP in the
next one or LP!