[3830] NA Sprint SSB K0OU HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0ou@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K0OU HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 08:32:25 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K0OU
Operator(s): K0OU
Station: K0OU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   41
   40:  101
   20:   79
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: Dead Lizards Cant Talk

Comments:

Conditions were not good from here - But then MO is the real "black hole" of
domestic RF. If your signal is good into MO then you are on the wrong band.
Tried opening up with 40 meters on the beam and 20 on the vertical which is the
opposite of normal. Believe this was not good strategy as I heard nothing on 40
at the beginning and kept getting beat out on 20. Then, at the normal time to
go to 80 the band was unfit for human consumption. Couldn't hear anything but
the very strongest who I quickly worked and then nothing. Had too many 3 and 4
minute gaps with no Q's and my CQ's were invisible. Did manage to work a couple
of KL7's and a couple of KH6's. Missed SC, MS, ID, UT, ND and SD. Heard people
working NE, QC, IA, and another MO station, but I never heard them. Heard but
did not work VE1 (got beat out). Still better than last February. CU all in the
next one. 73 de K0OU Steve in MO