[3830] Salmon Run N7ZG(@N7WA) SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run N7ZG(@N7WA) SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:01:57 -0700
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7ZG
Station: N7WA

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 19
Radios: SO2R

  160:    1
   80:   50     57
   40:   97     10
   20:  166    186
   15:   23
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  337    253      0  Mults = 86  Total Score = 160,444

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Despite poorer conditions compared to last year, I managed to add 25,000 points
to my overall score.  The number of CW Q's were slightly lower this year while
the number of phone Q's was significantly higher.   Also, I had about 12 more
mults this year.

Much of the credit for this increase was in the decision to guest operate this
contest from Mike "Dink" Dinkleman's (N7WA) station.  My heartfelt thanks to
Mike and Diane for their friendship and hospitality.  Mike has built a FB M/2,
M/S, SO2R station that is well laid out and fun to operate.

Conditions were pretty good on Sat.   20M was pretty good rate for the PNW.
15M was pretty poor.  I didn't even bother with phone.  40 and 80 were pretty
good.  I was able to work an OH on 40 who was in the SAC.  Most of the signals
were pretty weak and watery to EU though.  I got back in the chair on Sun at
about noon and found that conditions had taken a turn for the worst.  I put
just over 500 Q's in the log on Sat, but only added another 80 or so in the 5
hour period on Sun.   Needless to say it was a slog.

I'll CU in the the SS and CQWW....

73 - Guy