[3830] NA Sprint SSB WI9WI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB WI9WI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:20:53 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:   21
   40:   50
   20:   50
---------------------

Club:

Team: Dead Lizards Cant Talk

Comments:

What a struggle. Compared to last weekend activity was down, and conditions were
a lot worse, at least on 80 and 40. Last weekend I operated from our cabin with
good antennas, and excellent conditions. There seemed to be an endless supply
of stations to work on 80 and 40, with almost non-existant noise levels, and
rates were only limited by this operator's incompetence. This weekend I did it
from home with a small low tribander and a wire at 25 feet for 40/80. Noise
levels on 80 were S7-S9 even with 20 dB of attenuation cranked in so I could
hear a few people. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get to 100 QSOs, then I took a
break. After 30 minutes on 80 I worked everyone I could hear so I quit. I could
hear people answering my CQs but could only get partial callsigns on most.

Hopefully conditions and activity will be better next February.

73

Jim