[3830] TxQP NC4KW(N1LN) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP NC4KW(N1LN) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 05:09:19 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: NC4KW
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   16
   40:   35     75
   20:  143    155
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  194    230      0  Mults = 159  Total Score = 182,678

Club:

Comments:

I would like to start off by thanking all the Texas mobile Operators and
Drivers for making TQP - 2006 another excellent event.  I would also like to
thank NARS and specifically the TQP event team for coordinating and
sponsoring this event.  Truly a job well done.

This was my first out of Texas TQP.  This was also the first time I used my
new NC club call - NC4KW.  (It replaced K5PTC)  For the past seven years I
operated as either N1LN or K5PTC from my QTH in Conroe, TX.  Well, this year
we moved to Chapel Hill, NC so I had the opportunity to compete from a
totally different vantage point.  Also, the towers and beams are still on
the ground, so that was another interesting parameter.   When I was 'in
Texas' many of the mobiles were just too close to be heard so counties were
missed.  Well, this year with the band conditions the way they were, they
were just too far away to make day time 40 meters much good.   Here in NC,
40 came alive between 23:00 and 00:00 UTC on Saturday evening.  That did not
leave much time left.  Sunday was a bit better, but not much.   As my score
indicates, the big band for me was 20.  By far the most Qs and the most
mults.

RIG:
(2) FT1000-MP
AL-1500, AL-80B
DX Doubler - SO2R box
WX0B - SixPack
20 mtr dipole @ 26'
40 mtr dipole @ 35'
80 mtr Inverted-V @ 55'
WriteLog software

My score includes 17,000 bonus points for Texas Mobiles.

K5NA - 39, N5AOK - 21, K5P - 19, K5N - 18, KB5U - 18, WW5X - 14, K5OT - 13,
N5VU - 11, W5SL - 10, NO5W - 9 (finals went on Sunday morning...so the Qs
are Saturday only), N5BE - 6, KG5U - N5NA, WD5BDX, NA4M - 5.

Congrats to Paul - N4PN and Bob - W0BH for their excellent Out-of-State
single op scores.

73,

Bruce - N1LN (aka:  NC4KW)