[3830] CQ WW RTTY N5ZM SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N5ZM SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 07:44:03 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N5ZM
Operator(s): N5ZM
Station: N5ZM

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:  723  1193      55      72    55
   20:
   15:
   10:
Total:  723  1193      55      72    55  Total Score = 182,529

Club: Samples Kontest Klub

Comments:

It was my first time to play in the Big Game (CQWW). I knew it was going to be a
struggle when it was predicted to storm all weekend here in Arkansas. It started
Friday afternoon and lasted until late Saturday. The QRN kept me from having any
good runs of EU DX, Friday and Saturday, along with having to secure the station
a couple of times Saturday as the storms passed through my area, the propagation
went out Sunday. Oh well, now to look forward to Round Up.

All the equipment held up OK until late Sunday then the computer started acting
up. In the last 2 hours I had 3 screen freeze ups then at 2351z I got the
dreaded Blue Screen. It was time to quit. I will have to look into that today.

Congrats to Dick on the big score and it was fun running with Lewis and Don. A
big thanks to all the stations that hung in there with me while asking for the
many repeats through the QRN.

A big thanks to CQ and the contest organizers and scorer'[s for all their hard
work, 48 hour tests are sure tough on us old folks.

73, Earl N5ZM..