[3830] TxQP K5OT/M SO CW Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP K5OT/M SO CW Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 07:46:24 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: K5OT/M
Operator(s): K5OT
Station: K5OT/M

Class: SO CW Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:     3
   40:   487
   20:  1210
   15:     6
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  1706    0       0  Mults = 109  Total Score = 599,862

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Claimed score includes 42,000 bonus points for 42 activated counties.

Nice weekend jaunt/race with son Scott at the wheel.  Murphy showed up a few
times with some keying problems during some of the runs.  Sorry for sounding
like a LID during the mayhem.  I got so frustrated that I shut down the
computer and hand logged for a while on 3 occasions!  A noisy 2-position
antenna switch that I hastily mounted too close to the operating position was
the culprit.

For those of you that think state QSO Parties are boring and don't generate any
real action, try going out as a mobile.  I enjoyed 7 hours above 100 Q's/hr -
and a personal best (mobile) rate of 162 during the last full hour of the 18
hour test.

2001 Ford F150 Pickup  (don't ask about the fuel cost)
TS-850SAT @ 100W
Hustler tri-mount 40M-20M-15M on 54" mast
Hustler single 80M resonator on another 54" mast
TR-Log

We in Texas really appreciate all of you who participated in the TQP this year
- and special thanks to all the folks that worked me in multiple counties along
the trail.  I keep hearing that 'the mobiles make the contest' but without
someone to work from around the country/world, we in-state stations would have
a pretty dull contest.

73,
Larry K5OT