[3830] CQ WW RTTY VK1AA SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nick@clockmaker.com.au
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VK1AA SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 20:59:21 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VK1AA
Operator(s): VK1AA
Station: VK1AA

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Zone 30
Operating Time (hrs): 26

   80:
   40:  509            46      66    27
   20:
   15:
   10:
Total:  509  1430      46      66    27  Total Score = 200,000

Club:

Comments:

This simply has to be one of the best contests for me in years!
Despite of having to combine business and pleasure
managed to put enough effort and installed new
'secret weapon' antenna  :-) . Antenna performed so well
- and beyond any expectation so current
40m VK record was broken in less than 4 hours!
Great propagation to US and even better to EU
with big guns pushing up to S9+30dB for hours.
S57AW, I4IKW, RU1A were the top signals.

I felt strong and had decent pileup around East Coast sunrise
which resulted in number of usually hard-to-get mults.
But when the band finally open to Eu it was impossible to
find clear frequency. Nevertheless, it was still fun to S+P
and I have enjoyed chasing mults.

Highlight: being called by PY1OL, LU7HN, YV5AAX, HC1JQ and FR5MV
for double mults. Thanks guys - much appreciated.

If all goes well CU on 80m next year. QSL labels are already printed and cards

are going to be distributed via buro.

73, Nick VK1AA