[3830] CaQP N6WG SOFixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6WG@COMCAST.NET
Subject: [3830] CaQP N6WG SOFixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 16:46:21 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SOFixed QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    8      1
   80:   50     27
   40:   61     93
   20:   79     28
   15:   48     30
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This turned out to be a better outing than I had expected.  I was
worried whether I would even be able to reach my score from last
year, due to the decline in propagation and possible participation.
No problem--I blew right through last year's QSOs, multipliers and
score, and those had been my best so far.  Now I have a new bench-
mark to reach for next year.  I wound up with 425 QSOs, 44 multi-
pliers and a new high score of 48224 points.  Slowly closing in on
that 50K mark.  I also had far more ssb QSOs than ever before.
An interesting note was that twice I gave and received the same
serial number.  Fun coincidences.
The only band I had no QSOs on was 10m.  Never heard a signal there
any time I checked the band.  On the other hand, to work 160m I had
to load my 40m dipole AS A DIPOLE and still worked 8 cw and 1 ssb
QSO with it.
It is said that W6 stations should concentrate on CQing, as the other
stations will be looking for us.  When propagation got soft, I
had to go to S&P, as no one was answering a weak CQ.  So I got by
with a mix of CQ and S&P.
All in all, I had a fun time with my K2 at 5w and my (in)famous
WimpyWire antenna farm.  I really appreciate those stations who stuck
with me to complete our Qs.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude