[3830] CaQP AE6Y SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrew.faber@gte.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP AE6Y SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 18:13:59 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SCLA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    46     33
   80:   138    129
   40:   317    159
   20:   431    489
   15:   210    213
   10:     3      3
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1146   1025  Mults = 58  Total Score = 312,040

Club: MLDXCC

Comments:

Great contest this year with outstanding activity (particularly from the Ontario
contingent).  A couple of comments
1)  Was delighted in the 7th hour when Bob, VY1MB, called in for Yukon
Territory for my 57th mult.  Usually VY1JA is on, but Bob said that J was sick
this year and couldn't participate.  I jokingly asked Bob if he would mind
mobiling to MT for my last mult. As soon as we signed, I was called by NW7O,
who was mobile in, guess where, Montana, and had been listening to our QSO.  So
he immediately became the 58th! (Which I was very pleased to get, as a few years
ago, I worked some 2000 Qs and missed MT).
2)  Lots of CW activity this year.  Even though I worked essentially 10 hours
on phone and 14 on CW, my points per hour was still 20% higher on CW,
indicating that I should have spent even more time there.
3)  Sunday was brutal.  Last four hours average rate was 54!
  73, andy, ae6y