[3830] CaQP NB1B(@W1KM) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nb1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP NB1B(@W1KM) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 05:09:27 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B
Station: W1KM

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    2      1
   80:   38     32
   40:   71     84
   20:  140    254
   15:   60     70
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First, thanks to the stations on my CQP Hall of Fame (7 or more QSOs):
10 QSOs- W6OAT/m, N6O
9 QSOs- W6NL, K6AWL/m
8 QSOs- AC6T, AE6Y, K6NA, KF6T, N6IJ, NT6K, W6YX
7 QSOs- K6IDX, N6NF, W6ML, W6TK, W6YI

Both 15 and 20M were much better Sat than Sun- signals were stronger, and
running was more productive.  Best hour Sat was 1900Z, with 58 stations worked,
and best hour Sun was also 1900Z, with 30 stations worked.  Sun was a grind,
only making 150 Qs in the last 8 hours.  Never heard a thing on 10M either day,
even though it was checked frequently with the 2nd radio.

CQing was never productive on CW- I could S&P all day long, but any CQing would
not produce answers.  CQing was productive on 40/20M SSB, but finding a
frequency that I could hear on, particularly on 40M, was always tough.

Last 4 counties worked were Merc, Lass, Yuba, and K6VMV gave me Tuol at 0502Z
to complete the sweep.  54 counties were worked by 2000Z, so the participation
in the different counties in this year's contest was excellent.

A nice little contest for the first week of October every year.  Hope this
makes the Top 10- I haven't had a bottle of the CQP vintage wine in several
years!

Dennis NB1B