[3830] JARTS K0RC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0rc@pclink.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS K0RC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:42:55 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   85   172    17
   40:  106   222    22
   20:  313   762    74
   15:  108   278    52
   10:    5    13     3
-------------------------
Total:  617  1447   168  Total Score = 243,096

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

For being at the bottom of the solar cycle the DX was pretty good for this RTTY
event. The majority of my time was spent S&P, as usual when I'm running LP
class,. I managed to pull off a couple 10m contacts too. The bands were
exceptionally noise free, but definately crowded. I stayed up pretty late
Friday night so I was late getting into the Saturday morning action. The bands
shut down a lot earlier on Saturday night, or all the operators called it quits
early. When I walked into the shack on Sunday morning, 20m was already in full
swing and there were even a few strong DX signals showing up on 15m. I'm
finding many new callsigns showing up in each digital contest, which attests to
either more interest in contesting or the proliferation of computers with
soundcards and free RTTY software. If the new FCC R&O holds as written, we'll
be squeezed pretty tight into the new digital allocations! This will be a new
experience for the ARRL RTTY RoundUp.