[3830] WAG DR1A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bernd.fd@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] WAG DR1A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:53:44 -0700
                    Worked All Germany Contest

Call: DR1A
Operator(s): DF6JC DJ7EO DL6FBL DO1ET PA1TT
Station: DR1A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JO31CQ
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:    0     198     32
   40:  267     133     64
   20:  243     482     58
   15:   57     160     47
   10:    0      40     12
----------------------------
Total:  567    1013    213  Total Score = 1,132,947

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

No serious effort, just playing around.

We used Saturday to build up a 4-ele parasitic vertical array for 80m (a la
K8UR) with Spiderbeam fiberglass poles (18m long) ( http://www.spiderbeam.com
). The material is very good quality, but still light enough so that a 18m pole
could be put up by one person alone.
After having completed this job we decided to have some fun in the contest. The
first contact was at 1634z, one and a half hour after start of the contest. We
decided to concentrate on running (=fun), and completely ignored multipliers or
isolated band openings. Only one person operating, no multiplier station(s). The
rest of the crew put some time in optimizing the operating desks for the CQWW
SSB contest next weekend, which we will join in M/M category. From time to time
we took breaks, so we ended up with 6 hours off times and only 18 hours of
operating.