[3830] CQWW SSB AB5K M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, terry@ab5k.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AB5K M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:47:44 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AB5K
Operator(s): AB5K, AD5YJ, WD0ACD, N5KUR
Station: AB5K

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Bee Cave, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 34.75

  160:    8     5        6
   80:   45    15       26
   40:  158    27       75
   20:  732    35      119
   15:  439    29      104
   10:  122    15       35
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My neighbor Craig is a new ham, AD5YJ, and in less that three months time has
went from no license to amateur extra class.  He has been bitten by the DX bug
so the idea was to introduce him to contesting in CQWW SSB in a multi-two
operation.   My other neighbor Greg, WD0ACD and his wife Carla, N5KUR do
serious roving in the UHF/VHF contests and they also came over and helped.
Everyone had fun and will be back.

Highlights was working VQ9X on 40 meter long path at sunrise and working
8J3YAGI on a few bands.

73 Terry - AB5K