[3830] CQWW SSB VE6EX SOSB/20 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dlazar@telusplanet.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE6EX SOSB/20 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:40:44 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX
Station: VE6EX

Class: SOSB/20 QRP
QTH: Calgary AB
Operating Time (hrs): 35+

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  448    22       54
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Hi All:
   Well did that weekend ever have it's ups and downs!! Looks like I will be
the only ALBERTA CLIPPERS in the club listings. I guess I'll have to carry on
as b4 by myself.
   The contest was another great event in the VE6EX log. If you missed the
openings, don't bother Bo-Hooing about it. If you worked QRP, the openings did
it all. Saturday mourning till noon local I only managed 3 qsos Hi. But...in
the afternoon while calling CQ with my ~3 to 5 watts I was called by a ZA1 for
an easy double mult, and promptly got deluged by a spotting. Did that ever get
my full undivided attention !!!. You had to be there for the openings!!!!
   Thank you CQ for another great event!!!
   Thanks for the Spots, to whoever did them. They made all the difference in
my claimed 448 QSOs.
   Thank you to all who struggled with my dreadfully weak signal as it
happened. The only reason QRP works is because of the super ops and setups on
the other end who worked on my sig instead of dumping me.
   VE6EX was::
   2el delta loop at 60'
   TS940s/inrad 1.8 filters, running great as ever; at the appropriate power
under the watchful eye of the peak BIRD.
   TRLOG, excellent as ever providing me with the worlds best band map and
never a flaw to confuse the issue year after year.
   Cheers, Dan VE6EX..