[3830] SS CW VE3NE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE3NE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 20:26:23 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE3NE
Operator(s): VE3NE
Station: VE3NE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Toronto
Operating Time (hrs): 10

------------
  160:    0
   80:  372
   40:   32
   20:   86
   15:   10
   10:    0
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Hi,
Usually I do not have a â??sweepâ?? but this time I got lucky.
I was searching for the last mult, NE and I thought no way I can find it
in the crowded bands. Then I heard on 40 that someone is giving away a CK
number and NE at the end. It was not his QRG and I asked to QSY UP, QSY UP but
no answer. I felt this must be the classical situation for a so called
"strategically placed" CQ. Went downstream 5 KHz and started to CQ. There was
another station above me CQ-ing as well. After a few CQs I heard that the
station above me got an answer from that NE station and I even heard when he
finished transmitting and the QSO. I got very excited
and put out quick CQ and "voila" NE was on the hook. Thank you very much to
W0KT for making my day. It was a very enjoyable catch and an enjoyable chase
all together.
Although I had only limited time and winning was not my goal, this was PURE
FUN!
CU in the next one.

73

Lali,  VE3NE