[3830] SS CW KD2MX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd2mx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW KD2MX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 08:56:54 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KD2MX
Operator(s): KD2MX
Station: KD2MX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Oakland, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
  160:
   80:   88
   40:   86
   20:   70
   15:   46
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Missed AL and AK for WAS.  Alabama was annoying to miss and Alaska has turned
into my WAS nemesis.  In the year that I've been active from this QTH, I
haven't even heard an AK much less been able to work one.  I figured the SS
would give me a chance but nada.  Did hear one station work a KL7 but I could
only hear a few distant dits.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the SS.  Last year's SS was my first CW
contest and I really struggled (used a straight key!).   I was in much better
shape for this year.

I was almost skunked by VEs.  Didn't pick up ON, QC and MAR until late Sunday.
That was it aside from a few SKs.  Didn't hear BC or MB.  Still I was quite
satisfied with 72 sections.  All S&P, but I rarely had to hunt for a new
station to work.  Also, this was the first contest for my new 600ft. loop and
it seems to be performing nicely.  I was shooting for 300 Qs but a budding
sinus infection forced me to QRT a bit early.

Had nice openings on 15M both days with a pipeline into CA. Nothing heard on
10M though.

73 and thanks to all for the QRP Qs.