[3830] SS CW K8MR Single Operator Multi Station

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8MR Single Operator Multi Station
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 21:13:30 EST
Here are the overall totals for my four operations from N8TR, AC8E, K8MR,
and K8AZ:

80        754
40        587
20        208
15        136

Total    1785

Score (Sum of the 4 individual scores):  273,542

Multipliers:  I worked them all from one place or another.   Missed DE, WTX,
MT, WY, ND, VE6, PR, AK once; NT twice; NL 3  times.

This year I dropped W8AJ from the tour, as Allan is moving and has taken
down his antennas. His station was always the weak link anyway, the only one
with only a single radio. Spending an extra hour at each of the other four
stations helped the multiplier totals, so I don't think that operating  from
"only"
four stations hurt my overall score.

I achieved my goal of my total score beating WP3R. (I operated  slightly over
24 hours; dropping the excess time drops about 15  qsos and 1 multiplier off
the K8MR score).  Even though I can work everyone  4 times vs. only once for
WP3R, that is not an easy task. In the past few  years there has been enough
geomagnetic activity to keep my rates down here,  while letting the Southern
guys stand out the band. This year the  propagation gods were with us northern
guys. As others have noted, 80 meters was  awesome.

It is good to see a few guys like K5OT and N6DE picking up on  the concept of
multiple station operation.  It is definitely the  way to have fun,
especially on Sunday, and to run up a lot of  points.

73  -  Jim   K8MR