[3830] SS SSB KK8I Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl2hbx@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KK8I Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 04:37:19 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KK8I
Operator(s): KK8I
Station: KK8I

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 11:15

------------
  160:    0
   80:  150
   40:  214
   20:   32
   15:   45
   10:    0
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

FT-1000MP, G5RV

Had planned to reach 100k but cut it short for three reasons:

 - Low Power SSB with a single wire antenna is quite a pain (QRP would be even
moreso). CW is so much better for this setup.

 - My shack is next to the bedrooms, so cannot operate SSB at night.

 - Had taken in two stray kittens a few weeks ago and on Sunday, a cage at the
Animal Shelter became available. The kids were all in tears, so we spent a lot
of time together, including going to the theater to see 'Happy Feet'.

Missed ND, AK, PAC and NT. Heard AK and PAC, but no chance on SSB...

73! Uli, KK8I