[3830] SS SSB KK1L Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kk1l@host6.net, yccc@yccc.org
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KK1L Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:45:07 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KK1L
Operator(s): KK1L
Station: KK1L

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  382
   40:  527
   20:  531
   15:   74
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The past few years Saturday has continued to become less productive, whil Sunday
has improved slightly. I think this is due to the increasingly crowded band
conditions on 20m. I find myself fighting much harder against the QRM and it
has a profound effect on the rate. I really really really should have bought a
roofing filter for the D. I have a long wait for relief for the TS-850 it
seems. MAYBE the TS-950 roofing filter in the works can be made to work in the
850...one can only hope.

I was really impressed with the meteor contacts(??) I made on 20m around 01Z.
Really watery contacts to NNY, NNJ, and southern VT...very unusual.

Sunday as usual was a very long day! I pretty much had a QRP rig as my 2nd
radio. The D started putting out only 30W or so later on Saturday and could not
drive the amp well. I chose to move it to the 2nd radio to get pretty much full
juice out of the four 572Bs. The Rx in the 850 is not as good as the D, but it
worked out okay. For those few of you that wondered why I sounded Q with a B
precedence, it is probably because you were a 2nd radio contact.

I must say that the PVRC did a nice job of drumming up stations. MDC moved from
a consistent 12th (~30Qs) rank in section count to 4th (63Qs) this year.