[3830] SS SSB K4TCG(@K4RO) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K4TCG(@K4RO) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:49:59 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4TCG
Operator(s): W4PA, K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:    0
   80:   92
   40:   38
   20:   89
   15:   35
   10:    0
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

W4PA and his daughter Cecilia had to take a last-minute flight
to S.F. for family funeral. They had a very early flight out
of Nashville, and stayed here (near Nashville) the night before.
I got to visit with Cecilia and the OM for an evening, which
was really great.

We decided to play around in SS, and we used the K4TCG
call sign since it was, after all, a TCG multi-op.
I think Scott made maybe a dozen QSOs as we tuned the
bands and listened to the good, the bad, and the ugly.
We had plenty of laughs and some good discussion about
some operating practices happening today in contesting.

Sunday I actually got the voice keyer and PTT line
working correctly with N1MM. In celebration, I ran
off a couple hundred more K4TCG QSOs before having
to tend to some other things.

The bands sounded fine, and it's always to hear
the voices of old friends.

73

-Kirk  K4RO