[3830] CQWW CW LA6FJA(@LA7AZ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LA6FJA(@LA7AZ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:33:27 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LA6FJA
Operator(s): LA6FJA
Station: LA7AZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Granlund
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:  156     6       39
   80:  190    12       61
   40:  504    23       92
   20:  603    27       80
   15:  109    16       50
   10:   24     7       10
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

What a aurora show!
first 12 hours gave me 350 QSOes
I could hear many station but it were attunated with aurora....
Didnt had time to fix new 80m array, coz had fever since tuesday, werent sure I
could manage the contest at all. I have got a comtek PVS-2 for 80m which will
get better chance to work some more there than a loop on 80m.
and a beaverage from K1FZ bruce will handle to east-west for low bands.

Had a bread at saturday due very depressive aurora, and then I came back
saturday nigth with little better conds.
The biggest thrill were that I heard lot of DX on 10m saturday monrning 6 UTC.
VK9, +++ but they didnt heard me..

so  coz of the bad conds at saturday I thougth I could work some 15 and 20m
S&P, but the rotor got blocked into west.... :S so  I lost all to the east on
15, 20 and 40m at sunday.

had nice run to US on 20 & 40, seems when that it were really good at sunday.

Worked a lot of westcoast at 21 UTC 15m, when all ppl hunting at 40 etc I got
some nice stuff there. Used to good conds when we have aurora.
Setup

Kenwood TS2000
microHAM MK Keyer
WLOG
HP Pavalion Turion 64 XP3000+ 2,0ghz

Antenna: Mosley PRO-67-B @ 20m 2el 40, 3 el 20 /15 and 4 el 10m
+80m Loop 10-15m agl
a old AL80A with 500 Watt.

QSL for northamerica via KM3X
QSL for world via WY4N

or via the slow-bureau.

73 LA6FJA

Go WWYC!

some ppl have bad IMD and splatter a lot over the band...
so dont be confused if you heard a station sent QRP QRP QRP hehe
when your peaking 60db's here and are 10 khz wide......