[3830] CQWW CW K5YAA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5yaa@okdxa.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5YAA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:35:07 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   90    17       44
   40:  226    26       87
   20:  243    29       83
   15:  180    24       72
   10:   26    11       16
------------------------------
Total:  765   107      302  Total Score = 849,493

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Running low power in one of these things makes you humble.  At times though
getting past a huge pile up causes a big grin.

Dennis - K5YA had too much of a head start on me this year.  On 40 meters VK9AA
told me "QSL QSO" and proceeded to CQ again.  I had his attention 3 times but
failed to get him to hear that second A.  Could have used that one.  TF8GX on
20 thought I was hassling him because he too thought he had already worked me.
The only other TF I had heard was TF3CW with a huge pile up on him so I know I
had not worked the TF8.  Need to start peddling faster in the next one and an
amp would also help.

40 and 80 meters were in great shape. I did better on 80 than ever even with
big power into my Vee!  Very good conditions both nights.

I always enjoy 20 meters when you can hear all continents at once with similar
signal strengths.  40 meters had the same conditions breifly Saturday evening.
Maybe some of the big stacks experience that often but a 4 element 20 meter yagi
pointed over the pole and signals from everywhere coming makes for radio fun.

Pretty civil operating from all this time except in some of the piles a number
of guys just kept sending their calls - almost as if they wanted to make sure
no body heard who was getting worked.  Im guilty of tossing in my call trying
to sneak past some others but not 4 or 5 times in a row without taking a
breath!  It's like they seem to be thinking - "I'll pound that guy and all his
callers into submission."

The bands seemed pretty good considering the point in the cycle - but then CW
and a good DX contest seems to light them up.

K5YAA