[3830] CQWW CW G6M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@stevebb.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G6M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 02:29:01 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G6M
Operator(s): G4KIV G4IUF G3UNA M0CCE M0WKR
Station: G6M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: UK
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:  303     9       45
   80:  386     9       47
   40:  197    22       70
   20:  209    16       36
   15:  102    17       41
   10:   69     9       30
------------------------------
Total: 1266    82      269  Total Score = 666,900

Club: Brimham Contest Group

Comments:

One to be forgotten about as only 4 hours into the contest we had a power cut
that lasted almost 15 hours !!! - Fault was a blown transformer that was
installed in 1949 ... not a bad run for a transformer !!

After that length of time OTA we just could only treat the contest as a
training opportunity. 12 months in the planning and of all the weekends -
Murphy really did catch us out this year.

Many thanks and apologies to Bob (M0CCE) who took the trip over from GD land
especially for this contest. Lets hope next year proves more productive.

However, the highlight of the contest that must be mentioned are thanks to Sue
(M3UZL) and Amy (M3YMA) for the scrummy farmhouse cooking. The home beef cooked
in guiness was undoubtably the finest I have ever had. I think it will keep me
going until next year lol

Thanks once again for the contacts.

Steve  G4KIV