[3830] CQWW CW K1TN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cainjim@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1TN SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 03:25:18 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Indiana
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   39    10       18
   40:  105    20       58
   20:  191    22       74
   15:  162    20       71
   10:   36    12       22
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This is probably as well as I can do with an 80 meter inverted vee with the
center at about 30 feet, at least in the 20 hours I put in. More time on 80
would have helped, and maybe on 40, too. But, mostly, I can work just about
every station I can hear, which isn't all that many. JAs and deep Asians are
exceptions; I can hear them but not vice versa.

I'm surrounded by noisy electric fences in all directions. I did not call a
single CQ; I figured if I did I might get calls I could not hear.

I even got through most pile-ups fairly quickly. At this score level, there is
no point in waiting long for a multiplier; even if it's a rare country or zone,
it's no more valuable than any other, score wise. No use trying to fight the
"assisted" people.

Working Libya on 40 and 15 was way too cool.

I think the level of operating skill in all the major CW contests has never
been better. I called some really weak stations who came right back to me and I
can only attribute this to better receivers and filters, especially in Europe.

Jim Cain, K1TN/9
Indiana