[3830] CQWW CW EA3AKY SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ea3aky@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW EA3AKY SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:16:08 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: EA3AKY
Operator(s): EA3AKY
Station: EA3AKY

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Deltebre
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:
   80: 1950    32       91
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1950    32       91  Total Score = 424,965

Club: Lynx DX Group

Comments:

Was again portable in Ebro's Delta after good results in ww160 last January.
Worked all thursday and friday to put up the antennas, nice to work with a
t-shirt only at 24C in late November.

Has been my first test in SO80, after last two years in 20 and 40 (from my qth
in Barcelona). The goal was to get a new EA record and being in the top 10 in
EU. Results have been very good, getting the first one easily, and seeing last
year EU results may get the second one, too.

Conditions were superb, low noise and very good propagation, the 4L beverage to
USA worked very fine, with +700 qsos to USA/VE and the others (2L, sorry had no
more time to work with them) did a good work, but still need to get something
to switch off the qrm from EU when trying to listen Asia and Pacific stations
in pileups or calling me. I had several JAs at noise/qrm level calling me
Sunday evening that were impossible to get through the QRM levels. Sure i
missed 15-20 countries there and several zones. Any idea ?

In the transmitting side, the L/4 vertical was 21 meters high, built with AL
tubes, with 3x12 radials going around to the rice field water, qth about 3Km
from sea in most directions (look a map to understand).

Thanks to all who called me and congrats to big EU gunner like SN3A, SN7Q, etc
for their super results in 80.

Will try to be again there in the ww160 with a 2x1 call.

73s Josep EA3AKY