[3830] SS SSB WR1TX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wr1tx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WR1TX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:20:30 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WR1TX
Operator(s): WR1TX
Station: WR1TX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WR1TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4

------------
  160:   0
   80:  11
   40:  31
   20:  28
   15:   0
   10:   0
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas problems dominated my limited time on the air, and it didn't help that
due to propagation that everyone was on 20, 40, and 80 the whole time on Fri.
night and Sat. My loop antennas were not resonant for some reason and I could
not figure out why; a 4:1 SWR reading is never good, of course, and I wasn't
going on the roof of my house at night! After fighting long enough I got the
SWR down to about 1.7:1 where I could.

The antenna issues worsened on Sunday and I never could straighten them out; I
finally had to concede to Murphy for this year!

Best contacts were as follows: 20 meters-KP2TM in the Virgin Is.; 40
meters-VY2TT in the Maritimes, W1XX in Rhode Island and WP3R in Puerto Rico. I
actually busted through that pileup; I'll never understand how with the antenna
issues I had!

All things considered, I really didn't do too bad with all the limitations. I'm
used to doing much better; maybe 2007 will improve things for me.