[3830] CQWW CW OP5T(ON5UM/ON4JZ/ON7GF) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on5um@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OP5T(ON5UM/ON4JZ/ON7GF) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:35:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OP5T
Operator(s): ON5UM/ON4JZ/ON7GF
Station: ON4JZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JO21FF
Operating Time (hrs): 41

  160:   81     7       37
   80:  222    17       66
   40:  603    32      108
   20:  515    34       76
   15:  537    29       94
   10:   45    15       35
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

First serious contest effort with my new call .
Had the chance to use my good friend Joe  ON4JZ/OP4K 's fine station in a small
M/S effort with 3 Ops . Put up a quarter wave sloping vertical wire fed @ the
top for 160 m late last week and adjusted the 80 m dipole in the CW
segment.Together with the big Optibeam 4 bander this would have to do the
job.There are no possibilities for putting up extra and spaced antennas for a
multiplier station on the roof and a attempt to use the low band antennas with
feedpoints just inches away from the yagi proved to be a unwise decision so we
closed the second station.
Big problem is the very high citynoise and NO RX antennas so we had to dig into
the 59 noise levels with all we had available on the radio to make a descent
score.All in all the TX capabilities of this setup @ Joe's place are very good
but we have to find a way to get better receiving in town .
Very few signals on 10 meter so we argued about what we missed but had no
clou.
As Joe is a basket ball referee he had to go out for 4 matches during the
weekend and so we slept out part of the contest. No activity from saturday 1900
till sunday 0100 .
We had great fun and Rookie Geert ON7GF seemed to have enjoyed his first ever
CW contest .
Thank You all for calling OP5T and if You wish to qsl send it to my usual call
ON5UM.
Thanks to Joe for his hospitality and great friendship.

73 es DX

JIM - ON5UM/OP5T