[3830] CQWW CW K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:14:19 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K3CR
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: K3CR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WPA
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:  110    19       58
   80:  642    27       95
   40:  445    31       97
   20: 1209    36      108
   15:  679    26       91
   10:   75    22       43
------------------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

No, I don't have 80 and 40 lines swapped. It's just 40 turned out to be a major
disappointment for me. I felt really weak there, couldn't get any run going,
stayed in pile-ups forever and spent half an hour to get 2 JAs for a mult. At
the same time everyone who I asked was telling me I'm really loud. HC8N came on
my freq to complain about my signal and said he could hear me everywhere on the
band. Go figure.
Anyway, to compensate for 40, 80 was perfect. The only mult I heard and
couldn't work was A45XR. The EU pile-up on him was huge and I already had lost
my patience on 40. The first trip to 160 started with loud bang which took me
off the air for about an hour. Luckily, WA3FET has a spare one for everything.
After that I was really careful on this band. G3TXF and F5IN were as loud as it
gets.

Congrats to K5ZD and K4ZW for the big scores. Brilliant job guys !
Congratulations also to LZ4UU who made a magnificient showing from the
construction worksite at LZ9W.

My sincere thanks to Jim, WA3FET, for letting me operate his station again.